Saturday 20 February 2016

Scouts, pt 1.

I have started building the scout squad, I am going to add pictures of most of the stages below.



Unboxed and ready for glue
The bits are out of the box. At this point I remembered that I had a pair of legs that would work for the extra torso, and since there are 6 of pretty well everything, I decided to use the rocket launcher as well. Because, why not?


Mostly glued
Here is all six of the scouts mostly glued together, I left most of the rifles off so I could basecoat the full torso. originally I was going to paint the Aquilas as well, however I decided to leave them black. This is a stealth squad, so I am going to keep them as matte as I can.


Base coated.
I finished the Base coat, and worked on a camo type design for the cloaks using Dark Angels green, a really watery Catachan green, Scorched brown and Snakebite Leather. I think it turned out okay. This is where I decided to call it a night for painting them. Tomorrow during the day, I will work on any touch ups I need to do, and painting the guns. I was thinking Leadbealcher for the barrels, however I have not decided what I am going to use for the silencer. I also need to do the flesh for the facesand the visors. 

If you have any suggestions for these guys, leave a comment below.


Oh, and here is a picture of the best cocked die I have ever rolled.
Balanced on the corner.



No comments:

Post a Comment